Welcome to Draftsite Engineering Pty Ltd
Draftsite is a Steel Detailing Drafting Company specializing in supplying our clients with easy to interpret technical engineering drawings. Our office is based in Muswellbrook NSW, majority of our work is in the Hunter Valley & Newcastle area, we are willing to travel to Client’s site, we have travelled to Cobar, Gunnedah, Ulan, Sydney.
Our vision is to provide an Engineering Drafting Service in an adaptive and flexible work environment that allows for balance between work and study so we have a culture of continuous development and improvement.
Our mission is to provide smooth transition of detailed information, and technical support to steel fabricator’s, builders, engineer’s, project managers by using the latest CAD software and 3D modelling techniques so that we can supply our Client’s with accurate detailed drawings that convey how to fabricate structural members & mechanical services and components.
- Offer solutions to engineering problems that are geared towards providing safe outcomes while maintaining a focus on supplying drawings that incorporate economical fabrication techniques.
- Comply with site specific regulations and safety requirements, and any relevant standards or codes of practice.
- Respond to all enquiries and quotes in a prompt manner so that Client/Engineer has time to make informed decisions.
- Liaise with Client/Engineer regularly to provide project status updates.
- Conduct ourselves in a Professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of information shared between Client and Draftsite.
- Maintaining a healthy organisation that is able to meet all its liabilities.
- Learn from our mistakes, and strive to achieve excellence by implementing strategies to avoid repeating and making future mistakes.
- Be co-operative, and openly accept Client feedback.
Draftsite is committed to providing consistently high quality workmanship so that our Client’s expectations are fulfilled. Draftsite’s aim is to provide accurate drawings with minimal errors so that all components fit neatly together to help reduce errors and variations during site installations and fit-up.
Our History & my Personal Goal
Hello! My name is Phillip Worth, I am the Director of Draftsite. Draftsite established in July 2014 as a part-time business to help fund my Engineering Studies. In July 2015 Draftsite became a full time business and continues to gradually grow. My current personal goal is to use Draftsite as a tool to help me work towards achieving a Bachelor of Civil Engineering Degree, and transition Draftsite to become a Consulting Engineering and Drafting Service.
I have over 28 years’ experience in steel fabrication and installation, I began as a Boilermaker Apprentice in 1988, and Boilermaker Post Trade in 1992, I progressed towards Detail Drafting Diploma in 2000 – 2002, and studied Diploma of Mechanical Engineering in 2009 – 2011. The combination of Boilermaker trade and years of experience in various workshops and sites has helped to me become a competent Engineering Draftsperson. I have over the past 16 years been employed as a Draftsperson and also worked in Product Development, so with my knowledge and experience I will be able to assist and provide guidance to your Project.
WHAT ELSE DOES DRAFTSITE DO?
Primarily Draftsite is Steel Detailing Drafting Service specializing in structural steel and mechanical engineering drafting.
We often receive enquires from the Commercial and Domestic sector requesting assistance with odd jobs, at Draftsite we are committed to helping the client achieve their goal, so we will gladly take the time to speak and meet with you to discuss your project and/or advise, and create solutions for engineering problems. Draftsite can assist with or arrange for the fabrication of small jobs, we can also assist with the installation / erection of small jobs if required.
See below and view our gallery for some samples of various jobs we have accomplished over the years, this sample list just a snippet of the Drafting that Draftsite can do its Client’s.
- Children’s Outdoor Wooden Table, was manufactured for children from 1 to 6 years old. Client was after a table for their child.
- Worksite and Mobile Office Van, our client is currently in the process of manufacturing this van for the Council.
- Play Structure Equipment, Draftsite worked with client create a plan of layout and supplied detailed drawings for Engineering Certification.
- Pallet Table, the client is interested in recycling and had an idea of recycling old pallets, Draftsite assisted by taking the idea and using 3D modelling created a Pallet Table that can fold out so magazines / books can be stored inside the table, and the top can rotate upwards to create a coffee table for meals or drinks while watching television.
- Cubby House, the client wanted an elevated cubby house, so Draftsite assisted be creating a concept for approval.
- Patented Products, Draftsite has recently worked with a couple local inventors to assist them in being able to supply detailed drawings and images to the Patent Office so that their products can be protected via Patent rights.
- 3 Tier Bench Seating, the local Cricket Club approached a few local companies to donate service or product to help in the manufacture of seating, Draftsite was able to donate time to create the drawings, for engineering and manufacture of seating.
- Handrail & Conveyor Guarding, there was incident on a mine site recently where a worker slipped over on sloping wet surface which resulted in a broken and lost time injury. Draftsite was engaged to assist in creating a proposal ASAP consisting of nonslip cleats on surface, a new handrail and conveyor guarding along conveyor belt, and also a knee bar to prevent access under conveyor. Draftsite proposed a bright yellow poly guard system so that it is very visible and light weight. Please see photo attached, the Client is happy with the final product.
Just a Note in Regards to “Locals Supporting Locals”
Over the past few years I have come across Engineering, Design & Drafting organisations that subcontract their work out to foreign countries, where I assume the workers are exploited for cheap labour.
At Draftsite we do all our work in house by Draftsite, if during the course of the contract we require another contractor to assist with design / process or manufacture, then we will use the local resources where possible, and we will advise our client that we are engaging a third party to do particular part of the contract.
As a parent, I am concerned about maintaining a strong manufacturing industry for generations to come so that our children and grandchildren will have an industry that they can work in, and our country will reap the benefits of a healthy economy as long as we protect our industry. This is why I am firm believer of “locals supporting locals”, and I urge you to do the same so that Australia will have a bright economic future for generations to come. (by Phillip Worth – Director of Draftsite Engineering Pty Ltd).